Re: [6pack] Transmission rebuild

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Transmission rebuild
From: "Hunter, Darcy" <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:29:47 -0500
Got lots of good advice mostly suggesting looking at the clutch.  My plan is to
check out the suggestion from Gary this weekend and see if there are obvious
issues.  I have an extra transmission with it's own problems so I can compare
the shift forks as well as checking tolerances as suggested in
the workshop manual.  After that, need to consider removing the clutch and look
for problems then reassembling making sure the clutch is working cleanly and go
for a test drive.  I suppose not every bell housing bolt is required to make
this check.  Thanks

Darcy

'73 TR6

No. Easton, MA