Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??

To: "'Hunter, Darcy'" <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:42:11 -0500
Darcy,
I'd say that the value of adding an overdrive for $XXXX.xx is directly
proportional to the amount of highway driving that you do. If 99.9% of your
driving is around town then there is no real need. But if you do a lot of
highway driving and take the car on long trips at 50+ mph then the need is
great. Most of us fall somewhere in between. I went the 5 speed route
because of the reliability and lack of leaks in the Toyota tranny. Plus I'd
rather just shift than have another electrical component to deal with like
you do with OD. But that's just me and originality isn't a concern.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD