Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??

To: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>, "Hunter, Darcy"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:17:33 -0800
        Stan:

        For me, there are two compelling arguments in addition to yours:

        1. OD adds $1,000 to resale value, while a 5 speed will add little or
nothing.
        2. Originality. The 1970s vintage British motoring experience is to be
savored.

        Many people will argue that adding FI, 5 speed, supercharging, etc are
just making it better. With all respect to those that enjoy modifying their
cars, the point for me was to enjoy the motoring experience as it was then. If
nothing else it makes me appreciate the reliability and comfort of  a modern
car even more =;-o

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast