Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??

To: Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Transmission Issues - Update and Overdrive??
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:58:44 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2009 8:41:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com writes:

So two questions, is overdrive a significant improvement?
If it is,  what would I expect to spend if I pieced it together myself instead
of  getting the whole kit from John?  Thanks

Darcy,

Overdrive in a TR6 if you do highway cruising at 65 MPH or higher is  the
best thing since sliced bread. Once you have it you will never want to go
back.
On grey roads with twists and turns, hills and valleys, you can  use the
column switch to go into OD from third gear avoiding the  shift to fourth
keeping
the revs nice and constant which is very cool and  lots of fun. It would be
false economy in my opinion not to convert to OD  now with your gearbox on the
bench.  Going back later will be more $ I  bet.  That being said I have no
opinion on the kit from John since I have  not dealt with him.

Cheers,
Darrell

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)