Re: [6pack] TR6 Wheels

To: Dave <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Wheels
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:26:21 -0600
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Dave <forzion@maine.rr.com> wrote:

> My original question was relating to 16" tires. I was wondering how many
> people are using the 16" Panasports and if anyone had suspension rubbing
> issues with sizes they had chosen. It looks like 225-60R16's will work but
> I'd hate to but them then find there are major rubbing issues. My car is
> lowered an inch in front and about the same in back....

I went from 215/60x15 on 15x7 wheels to 205/55x16 when I switched to 16x7
Konig Rewinds. I chose that tire size because the 205/55x16" tires are .3"
smaller in diameter and .5" narrower in section width than the 215/60x15. My
car is lowered on Good springs all around. I went a little smaller in order
to eliminate (I hope) a slight rub at the outer edge of the tire on the
fender lip when the car is fully loaded and is driven over a significant dip
or bump. I only have about 150 miles on this setup so far, thanks to Old Man
Winter, but so far so good.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL