Re: Dieseling revisited

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dieseling revisited
From: william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:22:16 -0700
I know what a scrunchy is.  Girls wear them in the hair.  Is a squish band
similar?
Bill Lewis

                    "jumpin'jan"

                    <servaij@cris.com>        To:     Greg Locke
<glocke@ihug.co.nz>
                    Sent by:                  cc:     Jarrid Gross
<JGross@econolite.com>,
                    owner-alpines@auto        Alpine list
<alpines@autox.team.net>
                    x.team.net                Subject:     Re: Dieseling
revisited

                    08/23/00 08:08 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "jumpin'jan"

Greg,
           Maybe Jarrid would comment, but I think a lot of pre-detonation
is
caused by the combustion chamber's squish band not properly designed for
the engine use. High octane can be a remedy and/or a requirement (due to
the higher compression pressures). But I know from my 2-stroke engine
work that the squish band is very important.
Jan
--