Re: motor problem

To: <SloMoIV@aol.com>, "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: motor problem
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:14:19 +1300
Hi Dick

I've got an oil guage as well, and its running about the same as usual...
(never been very good). I think there may always have been excessive big end
clearance, as I only got the crank polished on rebuild. Either that or the
oil pump. I've tried changing pressure relief valves with no effect.

I'd don't like this broken piston talk. The denial side of me is saying it
must still be guides. They are .080 pistons and they are unavailable now.
Thanks,
Greg