Re: More Power from the 1725

To: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: More Power from the 1725
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:34:04 +1300
Hi Bill

Please send me this article. My address is 8 Griffin Ave, Epsom, Auckland,
New Zealand.

I ported my head according to David Vizards instructions (from his book
"Theory and Practice of Cylinder head modifications") and it would have made
a good 10hp difference without any other mods being done (standard twin
strombergs and cam). It is really the key to unleashing power on one of
these engines.

Going to webers and a wild cam now would prob give a further 25 hp
(depending on cam), whereas if the webers etc go an a standard head you may
only get 15 hp all up and the engine won't be as nice to drive.

The head work takes a lot of time, but is fairly inexpensive if you do all
the hard stuff yourself. Allow a good 40 hours.

Balance the engine too, which will give a safe 6500 red line in short
bursts.

You can bore well over .040, (as per MR ZAG) just a custom head gasket will
be
required.

Greg Locke
learner race engine builder