Australian S3 GT Spec

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Australian S3 GT Spec
From: hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:06:10 +1100
I always though, from all the literature, that the twin carb (ie the
pre-Solex twin choke) version of the Series 3 GT was delivered with the
restrictive 'canister' air filter and the non-extractor (header) exhaust
system, in the interests of reducing noise.

Well yesterday I found an old Australian road test of the S3GT, and that
car was fitted with the gravel strainer air filters and extractor
exhaust.  They even made the point (in the text) that the specification
was different to overseas GTs.  I wonder if all pre-solex Australian
S3GTs were delivered in this spec?

Vic