Re: Steering wheel hub

To: "Keith Johnson" <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel hub
From: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:06:54 -0600
On Dec 4, 2003, at 2:08 AM, Keith Johnson wrote:

> I don't comprehend the question, I thought the steering shaft was
> attached
> at the bottom???
> Just need to adapt stuff to make horn and indicators co-operate.

On the Alpine (maybe only S3 and later?), you turn the horn boss
counterclockwise a turn or so, then you can adjust the steering wheel
for reach. It slides in & out a couple of inches. When you have it
where you want it, you turn the boss clockwise to lock it place.

I was wondering what happens to the adjustment mechanism if you replace
the wheel.
Cheers,
Paul.