Re: Holdens and Sunbeams

Subject: Re: Holdens and Sunbeams
From: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:56:24 -0600
Rick says:
 > Keith and Sunbeamers,

 >  All this talk about Sunbeams and Holdens reminded me of an Alpine
that used
 > to be around years ago. It had a Holden six in it - but not a V6, it
had a 202
 > red motor in it - for those outside Oz - a 3.3 litre straight six. I
never saw
 > the thing in the flesh, but it had a heavily modified front end with
recessed
 > headlights. It looked pretty horrible actually and must have had
lethal
 > handling. I wonder if its still around.

Hey Rick, I believe that it's a South Aussie car now and still exists
stored in the owner's shed. The story I heard is that it was pranged at
the front so the owner decided to do a custom front end and fit the
202. I've never seen it though.

It sounds like you are a long-time Alpine owner though. Do you recall
my car from the 1970s & 80s? It is a metallic pale green S3 Alpine that
seems to have sported it's matching green hardtop quite a lot of the
time. I believe it was delivered new in SA, and I'd love to be able to
track its past owners. I can send a picture if that will help. I have
all the info from the SA club, including Ralph H's memories of it.
Cheers,
Paul.