Annual Tow Vehicle Question

To: Autox List Nationals <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Annual Tow Vehicle Question
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:10:27 -0800 (PST)
I'll try and keep this short and not list all the criteria that led to
the following selections, but these are the vehicles I'm considering.

1.  Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.2l V8) - fun to drive when not towing,
strong tow motor (for a smaller SUV), too light to tow comfortably (?)
at ~4K lbs
2.  GM Tahoe/Yukon (5.7l V8) - best for strictly towing (of my picks),
but not as nice of an everyday vehicle, would kill our lawn as it is
large enough to eclipse the sun (don't even say Suburban)
3.  Toyota Land Cruiser (4.5l V6) - don't know how much torque the big
six has (~210hp) so questionable tow strength,  Toyota reliability, at
~4900lbs should be better than the Jeep for towing stability,
luxo-price tag

Help?

-Andy