Re: '99 classification ringers?

To: adahl@eskimo.com, autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: '99 classification ringers?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:35:35 EST
In a message dated 1/11/99 1:18:00 PM Central Standard Time, adahl@eskimo.com
writes:

> >Uhhh, better check the '97 Nashville Pro results; Jeff Altenburg made it
>  >happen.
>
>  Not to take anything away from Mr Altenberg who is an excellent driver but
>  given as almost all the top Miata drivers live in the west (Douganis,
>  McCormick, Goeke, Raymond, Klingler, Vach, etc.) was there anyone of the
>  top Miata drivers in attendance at that event?

What difference does it make?  Even if the best of the best were there, what
guarantee is there that the results would be different?  The winner is the
winner; all the speculation and ego in the world doesn't change that fact,
period!

I agree that, in *general*, the Miata should beat a BMW 328i on a *typical*
autox course.

M Sipe