Re: '99 classification ringers?

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: '99 classification ringers?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:41:24 -0800 (PST)
---TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> Based on my experience with the Z3 2.8 coupe, I believe a 1.9 Z3 can
be
> competitive against the Miata; it's just waiting for someone with
the skill
> and proper setup to prove it.

BTW where is the new Z3 2.3 going to turn up?  It is neither a "Z3
2.8" (AS listing) nor a "Z3 4 cyl." (BS).
Being a Miata owner I'd like to see it land in AS :) but I can see a
legitimate argument for BS given its power to weight ratio. (according
to Autosite it is 50# heavier than the 2.8, which leads me to suspect
BMW used an iron block instead of aluminum)

Craig Blome