RE: Topeka Motels

To: "Karen Christoff, Ph.D." <pykac@olemiss.edu>
Subject: RE: Topeka Motels
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:01:27 -0500 (EST)
> Do any of you have recommendations of other places in Topeka that have
> refrigerators in the rooms and are reasonably priced?

My old favorite, the Raceway Inn. A bit more spartan than the BW Meadow
Acres (which I've otherwise heard nice things about)
but Dave Lemon has been putting middle-size refrigerators and microwaves
in nearly all his rooms. Or for an extra $10 a nite, you can get a
kitchinette -- which we always do for Nationals.

The Raceway is the closest motel to the event, right there on the Forbes
Field property. You can dash back to the room between runs for something
you forgot.

Dunno what his rates will be this year, but there is usually a discount
for those staying more than 4 days. And likely less than the BW anyway.
the only place closer is Solo City, which also has no refrigerators other
than those people brought with them.

Call Dave at 1-800-657-7215. Tell him Rocky sent ya.

--Rocky