Re: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:47:36 -0400

Karl wrote:
>I stand corrected, I missed that those boost numbers were at the top of
>fourth. My bad. Ok, your short 80HP to me at the OUTER limit...but, your
>short times at the track and at the autox are about .4 faster that's an
>advantage. Period. You keep talking about how much faster I am than you at
>the drag strip, but that's irrelivant. I bet your 1/8th mile times are
>still faster than mine, and I out run you on the top end. Guess what folks,
>we don't get to do any top end in autox. so where is all this space I have
>to use those gobs of power to make up that AWD 0 lag launches? :)

Yes, we do have an advantage of the line. But that works for the ProSolo start
and the Drag strip. For most autoX courses that is not an issue, since we have a
rolling start instead. So, I should be able to get to the line sooner than Non
AWD cars, but time doesn't start until we cross the line. And I believe your
speed might be the same or even higher when your car trigger the light. So,
there is no real advantage for Solo2. For the Pro, they fixed this problem by
putting us with 1500 lbs CRXs (well done) :).

And my best 1/4 in the ESP trim is 13.41@100 while at the 1/8 I was doing
8.5@80. That is still much slower than your car.

Also, regarding the short times. I was able to do high 1.7 short times even with
my stock turbo, so update/backdate rule has nothing to do with the advantage
that we have of the line.

>Lets not try to make it sound like the DSM in it's current state is some
>sort of underdog.

I am not trying to make it like underdog. Right now my car is in a great shape
and I don't think that power difference are that important any more. But, with a
stock turbo, that difference will move from 1/3 of my total HP to 1/2 compare to
strong ESP Camaros like yours. That I would call an underdog!

David Green wrote:
>Ok, then how would you like to compare??  Since there is absolutely no
>evidence that the current DSM folks have dominant cars.  How can you know??
>(Give me an example)  How can the SEB know??  The answer is, they don't.  I
>still say it was a biased decision in favor of the "popular" ESP cars.

Yes, I would agree here 100%. The only cars that are affected here are DSMs,
since those are the only cars that can do this kind of swap.

Karl wrote:
>*AM* going back to racing now, how ever it turns out. Did cry why SFCs
>weren't allowed, didn't cry when the bigger turbos were allowed, ain't
>gonna cry if they continue to be allowed. I'll just keep teasing fedja and
>having a good time runnign with him...

That is what we all gona do after all this. The other option is move to CP and
bring even more evil turbo in and boost those little DSMs to 400, 500, 600
HP,... well not really that much, but it looks good :) and try our luck there.
On the other hand, we still have a full year to torture those V8s in ESP with
our illegal to be massive turbo. So, go get them!! I know I will :)

Mr. DSM