Re: C&C mods in stock...

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: C&C mods in stock...
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:17:19 -0400
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:
> So in these situations, which typically won't show up on the street
> because you're not at high rpm a lot, aren't handling at the limit,
> and don't have sticky DOT racing tires, you contend that a
> manufacturer will listen to a small number of people?

The fundamental argument I've heard for SFC's is that everyone puts
these on (and NEEDS them), not just autocrossers.

> You're full of crap.  I've spoken to the regional Chrysler rep about
> the neon motor mounts.  His response was that they only regularly fail
> when the car is raced and said that supporting that use wasn't the
> point of TSBs.  They know the problem exists, and they know it only
> affects 1% or whatever of their customers who are purposely using
> their product in a manner it wasn't designed for.

Why is there an ACR package, and a massive contingency package, if they
won't last when they're raced?  Take some of the money out of the
contingency budget to pay for the TSB, if necessary.

If Chrysler was participating directly in the series, they would do
what was necessary to help their cars finish the race.  Why won't they
do that for privateers?

I still say this is a Chrysler problem, not an SCCA problem.

Mark