Re: best places to autox?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: best places to autox?
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:28:34 -0500
Looks like I'm on the hook for the Gulf Coast.

If you were to move to, say, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, you
would be about an hour from Pensacola (Gulf Coast Region,
runs on an old airfield, courses about 1-1.5 miles long on the
edge of the speed rule.  11 events a year, 10 in the points
series.  Not too tire friendly of a surface, but a great site), two
hours from Tallahassee (Dixie Region, runs in the airport parking
lot, courses about a quarter mile long, but they do GREAT things
with a small site.  Many events run in the 60s/run time.  I think
they also do 11 events a year, all on non-conflicting weekends with
Gulf Coast Region), and about an hour and a half from Dothan,
Alabama (Wiregrass region, runs at an Army airfield on brushed
concrete - not unlike the surface at Topeka.  Courses generally
about .75-1 mile in length and unlimited fun runs FOR FREE.)

So, within two hours of your new home, you can run 33 events a
year (most years, although Dixie and Wiregrass sometimes have
conflicting dates) that are a good mix of parking lot tight, airfield
wide open, and nationals concrete.  Add to the Solo II fun the
fact that there is usually one Solo Trial put on in the area every
year and a very good Solo I series and it gets even better...and
we're within 4.5 hours of Atlanta, Roebling Road, Talladega, and
if you push the go pedal just a little harder...Daytona.

>From a seat time standpoint, it's hard to beat this area....

If you and Eric wanna come look down here, Mari, and don't mind
crawling over a cage into an ugly yet well prepared car, you're welcome
to come beat on my mud puppy

David Hawkins
TLS15
85 Mr2 CSP/ITA