Good choices for ST

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Good choices for ST
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:33:14 -0400 (EDT)
Here in New England I've heard discussion about what might and might not
make a good car for ST.  The 4th gen VTEC Prelude is clearly capable with
Mr. Bly behind the wheel and others have definitely hypothesized that the
Sentra SE-R could be a contender because of the relatively good power and
limited slip.

Here's my question:  Given that ST allows most of the good stuff allowed
in street-prepared, why wouldn't the best ST cars be the same as the
best CSP cars?  ASP and BSP cars would most likely fall outside of the
"sports car" exclusion, but there are lots of CSP cars with 4 seats that
are much better than a Prelude or a Sentra.  For example, a CSP Civic Si
hatchback or a CSP M3 would obliterate a Prelude or a Sentra in CSP, so
why shouldn't things be about the same in ST?

Thoughts?

Rich Johnston
ESP #177

p.s.  Please cc me on responses.  I'm on the digest.