Re: A Sportsman of the "Old School!"

To: David Hawkins <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Subject: Re: A Sportsman of the "Old School!"
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:57:29 -0700

David:

Your comment of "Well, why don't you just jump onto Team Laughing Stock [snip]
The tales I've heard more than show that you belong!" Makes me kind of curious:

Have you been talking to that Jackson fellow again?  He didn't tell you about
the wire wheels did he?  I was ONLY missing ONE spoke, I swear.  Or, he didn't
tell you about the piece of aluminum he gave me to patch the holes in Lucretia's
floor so's I wouldn't risk getting road rash on my tush at the next event, did
he?  Or that time I spun, and had to kill the motor and look around to figger
out where I was?  OhMyGawd!!!  He didn't show you the video of the "Dixie Region
Men's Choral Ensemble" did he???  And I absolutely (with fingers crossed) deny
supplying the British Dog Poop award we gave that one RX7 driver...

That Rolfe guy out here didn't tell you about coat hangers on the exhaust
system, did he?  Or the extra ones I keep handy, just in case?  Or that time I
velcro'd a film can lid onto my Weber to replace the cover on the jets?  (Dunno
WHERE that l'il booger went!?!?)  Or the time(s) Lucretia's fancy chrome tail
pipe fell off on course?  (They've suggested making it a "Trophy" and whoever
finds it next gets to keep it.)

Oh...  They didn't...  Was everybody listening?  Ooooops.  Guess I'm in
"Laughing Stock" now...

So, TLS folks, to quote Groucho, "I'm not sure I want to join of any club that
would have ME as a member" BUT...  In this case, I'd be honored.

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB