RE: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: Mark Todd <marktodd@internet8.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:46:46 -0500
Hey y'all,

I've got a simpler idea.   What DG and others seem to be
leaning towards is really a Modified class for "real cars".

Why call it STU, SST, or whatever -  why don't we just
add another class to Modified with DG's 4-seat, front-engine,
no-tube-frame "real car" language and more reasonable
weight minimums.  Like maybe something indexed to engine
displacement with multipliers for rotaries, abnormal aspiration,
and 4wd (incidentally, I hope to have all 3 of these "evils" in
my 323GTX some day).

Both the SP and ST purists will be happy.  Are there any
Modified purists who would complain?   The rice-persons
should be happy.   Call it something "cool" like X Modified.
Or you could give the old fart "buy a different car" crowd
a few chuckles and call it I Modified.

I dunno.   It seems like what DG, the drag-racers, and I all
want is really more fitting to the spirit of Modified, not Street
Touring.    Just my $.02 and change.

BTW, where can I find the current STU rules?

Mark Todd
#323 D Modified
Ostensibly Legal Racing Team