Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

To: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:52:36 -0400

> STU.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
>
>            2.Engine swaps must be of the same make as the car chassis, or of a
> make available from the factory in the chassis
>               in the case of joint venture produced car.

> How about just from the same corporate family?  This would allow Fieros
> with Chevy 350s, Bugeye Sprites with Rover V8s and such.

No it wouldn't. :)

1) Fieros are 2 seater, rear engine cars. Ineligible.

2) Chev 350s (and I assume Rover V8s) are over the 3.1L displacement limit.

3) Aren't Sprites 2-seaters too?

However "same corporate family" is a good idea. No reason why we can't see Quad
4 powered Sunfires.

Your vote on the 4-seat factory convertible is noted. Home-grown jobs would need
to have a raisable top if they were to be allowed.

DG