RE: Sub-Strap in C-Mod

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: RE: Sub-Strap in C-Mod
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 15:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
> C-Mod is required to have a six point harness but
> an open top E-Mod car has to only have a lapbelt?

Well, a CM has to be a GCR-legal car (FF mostly), and therefore have all the
stuff GCR-legal has to have. GCR never heard of the things that go EM, so
there only the Solo II rules control.

Think of it this way. CM is open only to cars of a very strict established
spec (Yeah, I know it includes your "stew" too). 5-pt harness is part of that
spec. And even if you maybe don't really  need it for  Solo II, fact is every
one you buy comes that way anyway.

But try this ... is there anywhere in the Solo II rules that say those 5
points of harness actually all have to be connected? Or can you tuck those
shoulder staps behind the cushions like the seat belts on your Uncle Fred's
pickemup?

--Rocky (5 pts in my DP and all hooked up for autocross .. I LIKE being held
         in!)