re: HS Beetle

To: "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: HS Beetle
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:51:45 -0700
>From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
>Does anyone feel that the NA beetle will be competitive in the "new"
>Stock next year?

Given the car's bulk, I don't think so.  The plus side is that all
Beetles come with 16 x 6.5" rims and you could fit decent sized tires
on it.  However, all new VW's using the 'A4' (not Audi A4) chassis are
only adjustable for toe-in/out.  Camber and caster cannot be changed.

I just drove a Beetle 1.8T GLS (bone stock, street tires and all) at
an event and I do not think it is a G-Stock car.  E Stock would be
more appropriate.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)