Re: using diff brake pads in front&rear with ABS

To: "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: using diff brake pads in front&rear with ABS
From: "Jason Powell" <fizzx@att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:25:47 -0500
> Not a good idea unless you change rotors as well.
> Pads containing carbon tend to deposit the stuff on
> the rotor surface ("carbon loading"), which can zap
> the coefficient of friction of stock non-carbon pads
> (i.e. NO FREAKIN' BRAKES!)  =:-0

Oh wow...now there's something I didn't consider!!
Thanks!

I sent off my parts order before getting this message but I had already
decided to not get the pads... I spent the $ for front pads on Magnacores
:-)

Jason
Jason (and Kim and Jacob) Powell
Kenosha, WI
Our Webpage:  http://www2.wi.net/~fizzx/
Physics Dept
Zion Benton HS
Zion, IL
'99 Red Miata [PEP+ABS]...FIZZX 1
Windy City Miata Club=> http://www.windycitymiataclub.com
"...the truth the symbol of a dove, will unmask the maker of your plans..."
King's X - Out of the Silent Planet