Re: Semi-Trailing Arm Next Ralph Nader No No???

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Semi-Trailing Arm Next Ralph Nader No No???
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:28:42 EDT
pfoster@gdi.net writes:

<<  The same suspension, and same problem, is shared by 318Ti's and
 Z3's (yep, one of those even rolled at Mineral Wells a
 couple years back).>>>

 I'm not sure if you can blame semi-trailing arm suspension. The early
 911 (til 993??), 914, 924, 928, 944, and 968 all had the same suspension
 design without many tipovers... >>

I believe that Z3 rollover happened when the vehicle transversed from
pavement to dirt and hooked a wheel, or so I was told long ago (maybe someone
who was there can verify or elaborate).  A lot of people claim the E30/Z3
rear trailing arm suspension to be very unstable, but during the past 10
months with my Z3 2.8 coupe I have not found this to be the case at all.  It
has been very forgiving and readable, especially in the rain.

M Sipe

M Sipe