Re: DC gets tired of SCCA

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: DC gets tired of SCCA
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:53:20 -0700
Phil Ethier wrote:

> From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
>
> > the first year
> >they made it they would only sell it to people who would were likely to
> >race it, and they had to prove it too
>
> Nonsense.  The first BATCH (not year) of Neon ACR cars were available to any
> SCCA member.  The club was afraid that anyone who wanted one for autocross
> or racing might not be able to get one of the first ones, so Chrysler agreed
> that the first batch would be limited to SCCA members.  Not club-racing
> license holders.  Not people who proved that they would race it.  Just
> members.  When the second batch came out, they were easy to get by anyone.
> Soon a dealer in Bloomington MN had one going begging on the showroom floor.

Ok. Well I was then working under some misinformation provided to me. My
apologies for going astray. That does change things a little.
Nonetheless, the cars seem to have been deliberately targeted towards
competition.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/