Re: DC gets tired of SCCA

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DC gets tired of SCCA
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:17:33 -0600
Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> you wrote:
>
>         O.B. autox content. Where can SSB or SSC cars compete in autocross
> nowadays? Not stock, they've got to go either to SP or ST. And that just
> plain sucks. We all knew that an SSB Miata would not be the best car for
> B-Stock, but How about an SSB Integra with a Type R suspension? Or that Ford
> Escort with GOBS of goodies thrown into it. It ain't stock anymore...
>
> well they can't compete in stock, but they are allowed specifically in our
> rule book to run in the equalivant stock class

        Not anymore. That rule seemingly has not been examined since trunk kits
were instituted in SS. I've talked with a couple SEB members and Howard
about this. While as of yet I have no "official" ruling on the matter,
the word is that any trunk kit equiped SS road racer will have to run in
its equivilent SP class. Where I guess they'll be utterly crushed, not
just slow...

> eg. ssb=BS

        That would not be the equivilency anyway. If an SSB integra was to run
in SoloII stock (trunk kit not withstanding), then it would be running
in GS with the rest of its integra bretheren. An SSB miata would however
be classed in B-Stock. And an SSC Neon would be classed in D-Stock.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/