Re: Fwd: Drivers Ed and Timing

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, woodym3@erols.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Drivers Ed and Timing
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:31:05 -0400
<<<Some chapters have been joining the standard high performance driver
school with a Club Race.  I suspect a student making a damage claim
would have a harder time convincing his/her insurance company that the
event had nothing to do with racing.>>>

This is a major issue with the PCA right now. In the past many club
races had DEs on Friday so more locals would come out and help put on
the event Saturday and Sunday. It also helped pay for the event in areas
that did not attract large fields. But there was a lot of bent
sheetmetal from club racers using them as test and tune sessions. Now it
looks like the trend is to have the track sponsor a test and tune
session on Friday that requires full safety equipment. The downside to
this is that my very first time at Road Atlanta was in the fast group
that consisted of a 962 turning 1:14s and some 911 Turbos turning low
1:20s when I was out there turning 1:50s while I was trying to learn the
track. My neck was very sore the next morning!

Paul Foster