Drivers Ed and Timing

To: Autocross Digest <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drivers Ed and Timing
From: Cliff Lawson <CTLawson@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:10:49 -0400
On Tue, Aug 18, Paul Foster wrote:

>But I have to take exception to this talk about banning
>stopwatches and insurance not covering drivers eds.
> Both are common practices. I have a Hot Lap in my car
>and I would tell anybody who told me to remove it to
>go suck an egg.

As a BMW CCA instructor, I can assure you that the use of a timing device
at a BMW school will terminate your participation. I may be sucking an
egg--you will be driving home. No refund on the entry fee.

We cannot jeopardize our insurance for the few that feel the rules do not
apply to them.

Cliff Lawson
BMW CCA, SCCA
'95 M3 (ITLLFLY)