Re: Cooling Intercoolers on Grid

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Intercoolers on Grid
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:03:17 -0700
Paul Foster said:

> An interesting point came up on the RX7 list - the use of pressurized
> CO2 to cool intercoolers on grid. Are people doing this at SCCA events
> now? Will there be people doing it in Topeka next month?

It would help if you'd mention the class, next time, when asking rules
questions, Paul!  Make for shorter answers.  :)

>From my 1999 rule book (don't have SportsCar to consult):

In Street Prepared, 14.10.C specifically precludes this (it's new), as does
15.10.D in Prepared (w/b classifed as "etc." there).  And Stock doesn't
specifically allow it, so I'd expect that means it's disallowed.

As for Stock, that's just my reading of the rules, such as 13.1 and the
clarification on intercoolers for Stock in Appendix G -- more experienced
autoxers may disagree.

Richard Nichols
San Diego Region
rnichol@san.rr.com