Re: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question

To: "Joshua Hadler" <jhadler@rmi.net>, "Michael King" <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:46:07 -0400
> But it still allows for someone with a base model Civic to drop
> in an Si motor for SP. That's a big, and possibly the biggest, driver
> for the update/backdate allowance for SP.

Thanks for saying it for me. :)  Though I'm also not fluent in Civics or SP
rules (haven't ventured there yet), for the most part it's possible to take
the best parts from any Civic, plus other SP legal upgrades, and put them
together into a quite competitive package.  For example, the BMW 2002 and
2002tii run in CSP against M3s (non-Lightweights - no need to rehash that
thread!)  The '02 is out powered, but I've seen a well prepared '02 hang
right in there with the M cars.  All of these also run in CSP against the
Civic, but with a similarly prepared car and by capitalizing on whatever
inherent advantages the Civic has over other cars in its class you could
give the Ms a run for their money, too.

    - Justin, hoping the M pilots don't lynch me for that statement :)