RE: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question
From: Brandon Smith <brandon@autocrossing.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:56:44 -0700
> Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:06:59 -0400
> From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
> Subject: RE: Reduced class structure: now CSP/DSP Civic question
>
> Remember because of the update/backdate rule in SP you could swap motors. Or
> you could do what the fast guys do and start with the big motor car and
> substitute lighter parts from the small motor models. Interesting...
>
> Regards,
> Alan Pozner

Whoa.. You can do motor swaps in SP?  I'm pretty new to Solo2 and I'm
currently running a stock Civic, but I had no idea you could do a motor
swap in SP.  It seems pretty counter-intuitive actually.  Aren't things
like cams and other internals restricted in SP?  Do the rules really
mean that someone with a 106hp Civic can't put in a cam which will give
them maybe 5 more hp, but they could just drop in the B16A (Civic Si
motor) and get 160hp legally?  I must have really missed something if
the rules truly allow someone to go from the SOHC motor to DOHC VTEC
motor within the rules of SP.

Brandon Smith
Just Another Racing Fanatic
http://www.autocrossing.com