Re: The 'New' G Stock

To: <BRUBEL51@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:14:48 -0700
I'm confused by your first sentence.  Do you think the cars should or
shouldn't be in GS?

If you don't think they belong there, where do you think they belong?  I
have no problem personally with the cars going into DS where others have
suggested as I or another Type R have beaten DS at every event I've been to
this year except for Evansville where I was in a borrowed car.

I would like to again point out that the Type R was not in fact bred to be a
"race car."  Just as the Z28s, Cobras, etc have been built to be high
performance versions of a popular sports car, so too has the Type R.  Did
you know that in Japan there are "R" versions of most Hondas?  Cars like
this are asked for outside of the US and Honda builds the cars because they
know they will sell them.  Have you not noticed how many kids are driving
around slammed Civics and Integras with Type R stickers on them?  They want
the high performance version of the car.  Honda finally obliged the people
that wanted this car and brought it over.

My main point here is that yes, the Type R is a much better car than the
GSR, but it isn't race-bred as many think.  It just has some high
performance goodies on it the same as any other make of car does to some of
their sports cars.

Ron Bauer
'98 Acura Integra Type R (00 Type R next year?)
Team Butt Heat