Re: The 'New' G Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock
From: PZahornask@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:58:29 EDT
In a message dated 9/6/99 10:19:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
apozner@epix.net writes:

>  I also
>  think that classing cars must be the most thankless, difficult job there
>  can be. First of all, even with the data from many events, the choices
>  can be in error using hindsight. Second, new cars are unknowns; classing
>  them based on manufacturers' HP, torque and weight specs is a big
>  unavoidable dice roll because THE MANUFACTURERS LIE. Third, no matter
>  what you do, some auto-xer will find it "unfair" (unfair is generally
>  agreed to mean that it puts me at a competitive disadvantage).

I also applaud the SCAC with the job that they do.  We will undoubtedly get a
lot of posts about the classing decisions made when many of the new Y2K cars
get classed.  Consider the job that they have between now and 2000 Nationals:

Type R/DSM question

New Cars
Audi S4
Audi TT Quattro
BMW Z8
Ford Focus
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Porsche Boxter S
Porsche 911 Turbo, AWD
Toyota Celica, both Base and GTS models.
Toyota MR-Spyder