Re: Anyone rent a car for autocross?

To: jack@cocoinc.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone rent a car for autocross?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:14:51 -0400
Hi Jack,
      You asked:

>I am going to an autocross school this weekend but my 914 is in the shop
>getting the engine rebuilt, and I was thinking of renting a car to take and
>wanted to know if anyone had done this before and what cars would be
>recommended, I don't know if all that is rented is automatics, anyone have
>any experience?

When I took the McKamey school last spring, I had to rent a car - for some
reason, they required a passenger's seat! <grin>  Anyway, there were actually
several rental cars there.  The others were automatics, but I went to our
local "sports car rental" guy and rented a Miata.  You might try a non-
chain auto rental place, or an exotic car rental place to see if you can
get something other than the normal Taurus with an automatic rental car.

Good luck,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu