Re: Topeka results/protests

To: rex@marimba.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Topeka results/protests
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:20:44 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/99 6:50:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rex@marimba.com
writes:

>  >Congrats to Rain Dancer Paul Kozlak in AS. But he proved that he
>  >truly deserved the win with the best driving on Wednesday also.
>
>  Hi Mike,
>
>  We missed you out here.

I missed being there!!! But I would have gotten killed in my AS 911
based on how King did in his AS 911.

>  Actually, Paul Kozlak was one of the few that got a clean dry run before
>  the rain started on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, Bill Buetow and Mark Sipe were
>  faster than Paul.

Yes, they did have some killer runs, which is what autocrossing is all about.
But Paul was consistently faster than anyone on all his 3 Wed runs I believe.

>  >Looks like the Z3 2.8 will be another in a long list of competitive AS
cars
>  >based on the excellent times turned by Mark Sipe, Shauna, and T.C. Kline.
>
>  It think Mark Sipe also proved that Hoosiers can work well on the BMW's in
>  A-Stock.

Interesting, as they seem to need wide wheels and lots of camber for the
ultimate
performance. But even on narrower rims with less than the ultimate 3 degrees
they
should still be better than the weak offerings (no autox compound) from BFG
and Kumho.

Have a nice trip back!

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S  '73 911RS Clone

my racing pages - http://www.analogman.com/911