Re: Fw: ES CRX's-was Re: Lets sound off...

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: ES CRX's-was Re: Lets sound off...
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:26:42 -0500

Gary Spray wrote:

> I agree, Ron is UNREAL! Two years ago he brought a early model, four door
> Saturn to a Kansas Region event that he had just taken off the lot (it
> still said "SPORTY" and "LOADED" on the windshield). He then proceeded to
> crush all of the entrants in his class with his first run. It's a good
> thing too as the car was DNS for the rest of the day.:-)

I've seen his bud Russell do the same thing with many cars.  Russ is on
of those "car sluts" a lot of the time. (as is probably evident from his
performance at Nats this year, his car is often in a state of
disrepair)  Most amazing thing I saw was when he ran his dad's VW Passat
DIESEL at the first event of the season in 97.  All he did was bolt on a
set of tired old R-tires.  His first two runs were a bit wild, but the
third and the fourth runs were blistering!

Put either of these two in a Celica and they'd likely walk all over the
competition.  But they both like driving Hondas and being the
"underdog".  You'll see one or both of them wearing a National Champion
jacket eventually.

> Well, he IS in the used car business, didn't you notice the dealer's tag on
> his CRX?

I think the only car Ron won't sell is his Triumph.  As for that CRX, I
think he said he's sold it 3 times.  People drive it for a while, put
lots of miles on it, and trade it back to him again!

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca