Re: Fw: ES CRX's-was Re: Lets sound off...

To: "autox post" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: ES CRX's-was Re: Lets sound off...
From: "mark pilson" <DSP33@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 00:17:26 -0400
I guess I really stirred the pot with this one.  :-)  Sorry to those who are
already tired of this but I am behind on my mail and felt the need to
respond.

>Loren wrote:
>There were only two CRX's in ES.  I assume one was your potential
>co-drive, which you claim is legal.  So you must be dissin' Ron
>Williams.  What was illegal about his car?  All I can say is that Ron
>would have welcomed a protest.  If there was something so illegal on his
>car that someone as far away from the event as YOU knew about it... how
>could he finish 3rd and not get protested?

Certainly I am not trying to take anything away from Ron's driving ability.
I have watched him drive and he does very well.  Obviously I was not there
so I don't have first hand knowledge of what I am about to say.  However, it
was mentioned to me that the car was rather low at practice.  After this was
brought to his attention, the car showed up for competition at a higher ride
height.
As I stated in an earlier post, I have no idea if the car was legal or not,
just as I have no idea if anyone in the class was legal.  Just because the
car wasn't protested does not mean it was legal.

>Face it, Ron was within 7/1000ths of your bud on Thursday, and beat him
>by a mere half a second on Friday.  If one was illegal, I'd say both
>were.

Now that really doesn't make much sense does it?  You are saying that if two
cars run near the same time and one is illegal then they both are?  What
about driver ability?  What if the illegal modification actually makes the
car slower?

>Just because one doesn't choose to be a "big name" Pro Solo and/or
>National Tour driver doesn't mean one can't take a trophy at Nationals
>without cheating.  Geez.

I am not saying this at all.  I have no doubt that there are several fast
people who have never been to Topeka or rarely go.  As I said before, I have
no idea if the car was legal during competition but it was rather low at
practice and it was higher on the first day of competition.  BTW, what does
Byron's analysis system have to do with this?

Mark Pilson
DSP33-soon to be ESP