Re: Katie Kelly protested?

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protested?
From: "Steve Ashcraft" <ashcraft2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:06:22 -0400
I wasn't there so this is second hand.  I didn't hear who did the protest
but the first pass was for illegal shocks ( perch position).  The guy who
told me said he helped take the shocks out of the car and sure enough they
measured within .001  of the stock position so that protest didn't stick.
Next the same person protested the ignition timing.  I haven't heard how
that came out.  Anyway, I'd love to hear what really happened.  I can't
believe that anybody out there really believes that ignition timing ( a
really fuzzy spec on Miatas) makes the difference between a great driver and
someone who can't handle being beat by a better driver.  Just my $.02
Steve