Re: Katie Kelly protested?

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protested?
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:47:32 -0400
Joshua Hadler wrote:

> Paul Foster wrote:
> >
> > And no, I hate the protest mechanism. I was only involved in one
> > 'witchhunt' that was a group activity (10 of us no less!) at a Pro Solo.
>
>         Was that the Honda CRX teardown? I heard about one not too long ago
> that had a bunch of folks protest a Honda that was killing at a Pro, and
> it was found legal wasn't it?

No, this was a number of years ago - '89. Todd Rubb was kicking ass and
everybody thought he was running a chip and hollowed cat. 10 DS guys got
together and ponied up the bucks. (Back then it stated in the Pro Solo
rulebook that protests would not be looked upon very favorably...) I
watched as the cat was cut off the car. Todd went on to win Nationals
that year with his very well prepared Fiero. Afterwards, I went up and
shook his hand. He looked very surprised...

> > The only person I know who is any good at it is CHD (but he also reminds
> > me of a lot of cops). ;-)
>
> Speaking of which, great drivin' CHuck!

Wow! Rocky didn't list him so you made me hunt for it! But 8th is great!
First time in the trophies I do believe!

Paul Foster