Re: Katie Kelly protested?

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protested?
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:26:02 -0400
Joshua Hadler wrote:

> Paul Foster wrote:
> >
> > <<<What is a real bummer is the number of people, like you, or even some
> > that weren't even at nationals, that are condeming Kevin McCormick
> > without ever hearing his side of the story/protest.  As I learned a long
> > time ago in this sport, there are two sides to every protest.>>>
> >
> > So let's get him on this forum to explain. Then we can lynch him! ;-)
>
>         With a comment like that, would -you- want to speak up? Probably not.
> dunno, I've only heard one side of the story, and I'll admit that having
> only heard that side it sounded weird to me. But I (and probably most of
> us) do not know both sides of the story, and without that, I don't think
> it's fair to condemn him over the issue. I myself would very much like
> to know what both sides are. I've known both Kevin and Katie, I used to
> run with them both in SFR when I lived there. Granted, I don't Kevin as
> well as Katie. However, it's been a few years since I lived there, and
> who knows what has transpired since.

Kevin started autocrossing after I left so I don't know him. But it
still seems a bit petty to wait until Nationals to do something that he
apparently had all year to do. He probably was hoping for the Clinique
sponsorship himself...

And yes, I'd speak up but I'm a bit 'unusual' in that regard...

And no, I hate the protest mechanism. I was only involved in one
'witchhunt' that was a group activity (10 of us no less!) at a Pro Solo.
The only person I know who is any good at it is CHD (but he also reminds
me of a lot of cops). ;-)

Paul Foster