Re: Katie Kelly protested?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protested?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:58:23 -0400
Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net> wrote:

> I sat with Katie and her mom while the PC took the RR shock off her car and
> then pored over it for what seemed forever.

Aha! An eyewitness report. Good.

> As I recall, the shock mounting was deemed to be "out of spec" by the amount
> a rubber bushing gets deformed after a few thousand miles of use

It's good to hear a firsthand report on this. The version of the story that made
it to my ears was that "the spring perch was out of spec, but the ride hight was
OK, so they disallowed the protest" - which, if it had been the case, would have
been a bad decision on the part of the protest comittee.

Your account paints a much better picture, and all seems right with the world.

Good job Katie.

DG