Re: Street Prepared Streetability

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Prepared Streetability
From: Kevin Wenzel <kwenzel@privateI.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:51:26 -0600
At 9:58 AM -0400 9/21/99, dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

>This is another one of those urban myths. I can, off the top of my head, think
>of at least 5 top SP cars that see regualar street use, including at least 3
>daily commuters.

It's not exactly an urban myth, nor is it an unqualified truth.
There are plenty of streetable SP cars that are capable of trophying
at Nationals - however, the majority of "top" SP cars are not
*reasonably* streetable, for both suspension and emissions-related
reasons.

If I could get my SRF over the dang curb, I bet I could drive it to
7-11 and back (6-pack strapped to the roll hoop?)... but I still
wouldn't call it streetable.

Kevin Y. Wenzel
kwenzel@privateI.com
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/