Re: Miata roll-over

To: Chris Tutor <speed42@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Miata roll-over
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:01:03 -0700

Chris Tutor wrote:

> Ok. I just gotta ask. I am about to run my first AutoX in a couple of weeks in
> a Honda Civic coupe. What are the chances of me flipping it? My Honda is much
> taller and much less wider with far less-sticky tires than that poor Miata
> (btw, it was a truly beautiful car).

Did anyone e-mail the guy to find out how he flipped it? I did not get
that he flipped his Miata autocrossing. On the road, all kinds of things
can contribute to flipping a car.

>   If you tell me you've seen dozens of Civics on their backsides, I may just
> call this off.

Almost unheard of. Does not mean it can not happen, but it's very rare.
Certain cars have more of a tendency to roll, but not the Hondas and
even in those cars, it is very rare. I think it would have to be a freak
combination of events to roll my MR2 autocrossing, such as losing
pressure in a tire, catching the edge of the rim on a pavement edge,
etc. I would worry more about the drive to and from the event, IMHO.

Randy Chase