Re: FW: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Isley, Jason C." <JIsley@cell1.com>
Subject: Re: FW: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:49:55 -0500

"Isley, Jason C." wrote:.

>         Think about how much some of those formula cars in mod cost when
> they were new. Try to put a price on the man hours spent keeping them
> running.

My 1986 March S2000 cost about $30,000.00 in 86 as a "Roller". The
S2000's now are in the $60,000.00 range as rollers. The amount of time you
spend working on a "Mod" car is hundreds of times more than the time spent
driving it. I have never tried to put a price tag on that. In my book the time
working on it is "Priceless". I enjoy it that much!

I heard one of the C-Mod guys respond to the question, "Whats the best CM
car to have"? His answer was, "The one YOU thinks looks the best, because
you are gonna work on it and look at it lots more than you drive it".

Very true, I'd say
Mike B. TLS#1 "The best of the worst"