Concrete -vs- Asphalt

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Concrete -vs- Asphalt
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:45:38 -0700

This is definately my 1.5 cents worth, but. . .  The area at Nationals that was
used for the paddock was asphalt.  The area used for racing was (Duh!) concrete.
I didn't measure either one, but I'd guess that the asphalt area was at least
2/3 the size of the track area.

Looked to me like they coulda put the paddock in the "South Course" area, the
South Course on the asphalt, and run on the North Course on the concrete.  Just
for variety, you understand, I don't have a problem with racing on either
surface.

That way, both sides of the argument could go home *PO'd* about having to race
on THAT surface, no matter which one you consider THAT surface to be!   And, it
would test the drivers/cars under a wider variety of conditions.  (As if this
year's rain, heat, cold and wind weren't enough!)

Y'all discuss that one amongst yourselves, I'm going home for the weekend!

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB
(An SP car that gets driven on the street EVERY day!)