Re: NO2 Incident

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: NO2 Incident
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:30:36 -0700
Paul Foster wrote:

> Pretty scary...
>
> http://www.enhancedhealth.com/NOS2.htm

Holy cow!

And people wonder why we don't allow Nitrous at Solo2 events? Think
about it, take the surface area of the bottle shell, and multiply that
by 3000 psi. That's ALOT of pressure. Raise it by heating, and KABOOM.
Look at all that damage, and there wasn't even a single spark. Now
imagine is there would have happened to have been people standing near
by when it ruptured. Very scary thought...

I kinda feel sorry for the guy, it seemed that he made the effort to do
a careful installation and it was still for naught.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/