Re: NO2 Incident

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NO2 Incident
From: Karl Witt <witt@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:45:49 -0400
On or about 03:33 PM 9/29/1999 , Joshua Hadler did say:
>Craig Blome wrote:
>> Point well taken, but reading further, there seems to
>> be a serious product liability issue here with a
>> popoff safety valve that failed to open.  Someone's
>> gonna pay big for this is my guess.
>
>       They'd better. And that company is really lucky that no one was in or
>near the car when it went. That's the kindof thing that could very well
>cause a fatality.

Excuse me????? of all places, i'd have figured this list would be a place
where people would expect a person to take responsibility for their own
actions, especially regarding modifications to a car. This tard failed to
take proper safety precautions with the installation of his nitrous system
and the comapny should pay?

He didn't wire the heater into an ignition switched source. Strike one
He put the pressure sensor for the heater on the wrong side of the bottle
valve so when the valve was closed the safety switch that should have shut
off the  heater at 1050 psi couldn't read the bottle pressure. Strike two.
He left the heater on for 2.5 hours after accidently hitting the switch
while working on the car. Strike three.

How is this the company's fault?

Karl