Re: NO2 Incident

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO2 Incident
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:49:03 -0500
This thread is being discussed on a honda performance list also.
Contributers have pointed out some things that the guy did wrong with his
NO2 kit.  First, he wired the bottle heater (designed to keep bottle
pressure constant) straight to the battery so it always had juice.  Second,
he did not follow manufacturer's specs for the "blow off" valve that dumps
NO2 when the pressure builds too much.  The reason he didn't follow the mfgr
specs is because the bottle heater was building too much pressure by being
on all the time, consequently spewing it's contents all the time.

I don't know much about NO2 kits, and this is all heresay.  I read the guy's
statement, and he didn't mention any of these things.  Maybe some of these
listers know him and have seen his setup or something.  Anyway, FWIW...

-brad